This special pack features the same top-grade Sockeye used for our skinless portions. We leave the skin and its fatty under-layer on one side, for more flavor.
- Skin-on/boneless portions
- Top-grade wild Alaskan sockeye
- Individually flash-frozen portions
- Sustainably harvested
- Certified Kosher (EarthK; approved for Passover)
- Ships frozen for 2-3 day delivery
Each species of wild salmon features its own characteristic flavor and texture, and has its admirers.
But our most popular salmon features a deep, rich flavor that many Alaskans consider the “truest” salmon taste.
This fabulously healthful fish abounds in omega-3s, vitamin D, and more … see “Sockeye salmon: A true superfood”, below.
Our skin-on/boneless portions have even more omega-3s than their skinless counterparts, thanks to the fatty layer under the skin.
Why is Vital Choice sockeye so clearly superior?
Salmon connoisseurs find that our sockeye easily beats the very best that supermarkets and specialty stores can offer.
Ingredients:Wild Alaskan Sockeye (Red) Salmon
Potassium 610mg • 15%
Calcium 25mg • 2%
Iron .8mg • 4%
Total Omega-3s 2000mg
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration below 38° F (3° C). Use within 12 hours for best results. To quick-thaw, place unopened frozen package in cool water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
There are no reviews yet.